Accessibility: even more important than you may have realised?
The Euan's Guide Access Survey is the longest running and largest survey of its kind in the UK.
Now in its eighth year, the results of the 2022 Euan's Guide Access Survey are available:
- 72% have found accessibility information on a venue’s website to be misleading, confusing or inaccurate
- 74% have experienced a disappointing trip or having had to change plans due to poor accessibility
- 51% said reviews from other disabled people improve their confidence when visiting new places
- 46% have visited somewhere new after reading a review on EuansGuide.com
- 91% said they try to find disabled access information about a new place before visiting
- 58% saying they avoid going to a venue if it has not shared its disabled access information because they assume it’s inaccessible
- Top accessible facilities needed to improve confidence to visit new places were accessible parking (80%) and accessible toilets (76%)